Thursday, February 3, 2011

Updating

It is now February of 2011.  It has been awhile since posting, but I am now trying hard to keep up on it.

I have been meeting with 3 other women on a consistent basis.  We all struggle with food, overeating, and the addiction that it is.  We just finished a great book Love to Eat, Hate to Eat: Breaking the Bondage of Destructive Eating Habits, By Elyse Fitzpatrick.  http://www.shop.elysefitzpatrick.com/Love-to-Eat-Hate-to-Eat-LEHE-BK.htm .It is a great book and really took me to a new place when I look at this journey to lose weigth.  It isn't so much about losing weight, although that is the natural benefit.  It's that I always put food before God and that becomes my idol.  When I am stressed, happy, sad, anxious, bored, tired, etc. the first thing I want to do is eat, not run to the King of Kings and be filled with Him. This book addresses this issue and it is so good.  Very hard at times, but also very good for someone like me, who depends on the comfort that food brings.  It was really never meant to do that for me.  Food is for fuel, nutrition.  It's meant to keep me going, to keep me living.  It's supposed to be enjoyed, but not over indulged.  We are next moving onto a new book and study.  Made to Crave, By Lysa Terkeurst (madetocrave.org).  Check it out.  It's good stuff!

Anyways, I have come to realize more and more that this journey to weight loss isn't about numbers and pounds shed.  It's about becoming intimately close to Jesus and learning to run to Him when I feel the need to over stuff.  It's a journey of making the right choices.  Taking on life and going to the cross when it gets difficult and not just about bending the elbow to stuff food in my mouth.  I know that sounds kind of funny, but for a girl like me.  It's my addiction.  This thing called Food.  You can't live without it which makes it all the more challenging to overcome.  But in the process of meeting with these ladies and getting into the Word more, I am slowly learning.  I am losing the pounds, eating way more fruits and veggies than I have in the past and learning to eat correctly. It isn't mastered.  I make many bad choices, but it's a work in progress. 

I am down to 186.4 as of Monday.  It's taken me a while to get there.  I feel great though and just look forward to shedding even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment