Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weighin' In

So I got up this morning to hit the dreaded scale!  I an UP which I knew I would be.  It sucks.  I feel so awful about it.  I ran 2 half marathons this year and still cannot manage my weight.  I lack some serious self control when it comes to eating.  I weighed in today at 187.8.  For the last two years, well actually 3, since 2009 I haven't been able to get out of the 180's.  (You can look at my weights under the tab) What a reality check.  If I am honest with myself I think I go back and forth being comfortable in that weight range...meaning I get down to the low 180's start feeling good, gorge myself again until I am up and then do it all over again.  I got up and sought the Lord this morning.  That is what my change will have to be.  I have to include Him in this journey. I pray that I overcome.  I pray that I have the strength to get down to 155 this year and stay there.  I pray that I have the ability to really truly desire health.  That I begin to learn how to eat healthy and make the right choices with my foods.  I pray that this addiction would not longer be an addiction.  I pray that I would be set free from my temptation to get my "feel good" fix from food.  I pray that my mind would learn to be clear and focused.  I long to be a woman of self discipline, in all areas of my life. Lord Jesus, please help me.  Guide me, be my wisdom and show me when I am being tempted.  Reveal to me my sinfulness, my selfishness,the ways I turn to food rather than to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment